Licensed by the California DMV for all California courts
Our California DMV Traffic Violator School license number is E1868. We are bonded, insured, and have served more than 5,200 California traffic school students since 2009.
5-star reviews from
Very convenient and affordable traffic school. Helpful customer service when I had some questions. – Nitin V, Sunnyvale, California
Excellent website, and the course content was very well thought out. If I have to do something like this again in the future, would return to Defensive Drivers Group. – Saulius G, Petaluma, California
Easy to pass our
Fact: More than 99% of our students who attempt the final exam pass on the first try. Just answer 70% correct and you're done.
Tip: By law our exam is open book. Open the lessons in one browser window and the exam in another window. Check your answers as you go.
Traffic school on your schedule, at your paceStart and stop as you wish, according to your schedule. Log in from home or work with any web-connected computer, smartphone, or tablet. iPad's welcome!
California Traffic School Details:
Four easy steps and you're done with California traffic school!
- Register for the course. Start by selecting the county and the court where you received your traffic violation.
- Start Lesson 1. At the end of each lesson there is a short quiz of just three questions. Take the quizzes as many times as you need to pass.
- Pass the final exam. Answer just 70% correct and you pass!
- Traffic school certificate. Your California traffic school certificate will be sent electronically directly to both the California DMV and Superior Court.
It's that easy!
What sets us apart from the competition?
- Easier to read than many competitors' courses. Clear, easy-to-read writing means (1) you learn more about safe driving and (2) you finish the course faster.
- No hidden fees: Unlike many competitors who tack on unnecessary charges for express processing or email confirmation, we charge one low price with no hidden fees.
- Best customer service: Our hallmark since 2009, California traffic school students are amazed at how we go the extra mile to ensure they get their course done on time.
Facts for Traffic School in California
- You will work with the California traffic court in the county where you received your traffic ticket, not necessarily the court in the county where you live.
- Your eligibility to take traffic school in California will be determined by the Superior traffic court in the California county in which you received your speeding ticket.
- The California county court in which you received your ticket will either email or mail you California traffic school information after you pay your fine and mandatory state fee to take traffic school. These California traffic school court papers will also list your traffic school due date (sometimes called disposition date) for getting your traffic school certificate of completion to the California traffic court. Do not miss this traffic school deadline.
- The Defensive Drivers Group California online traffic school lets you learn at your own pace on your schedule. Feel free to log in from any computer and to start and stop as you wish.
After it first rains the roads become slick because…
- Oil and dirt have not yet washed away.
- A thin film of plastic covers all roadways.
- Concealed ice sheets cover the roadway.
- Rain vaporizes into oxygen and hydrogen.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We take your happiness seriously. If you're not satisfied, for any reason, within 30 days you get a full refund, period, no questions asked. We don't want your money if you're not totally happy.
We have answers.
- How long do I have to finish the California Online Traffic School course?
- You can complete our online traffic school up until 11:59 pm of the traffic school completion date given to you by the California Traffic Court. Note that the courts look at the date you completed the course, not the date they received the information from us.
- Why don't you offer a "rush delivery" option?
- We believe in doing right by our customers and honest information. You should never pay a "rush delivery fee" charged by some competitor traffic schools. That's because the courts look at when you pass the final exam, not when they receive the information from us.